• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Problems with USB recognizing Droid

ska.t73

Android Expert
Mar 11, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Ok so my Droid is for some reason not playing right with my computer. I have the latest Moto device drivers installed for Win7 64... Here is what happened so far, my puppy chewed threw the charger that came with my Droid (no the Droid was not attached to it at the time but the charger was plugged into my computer) When I tried to attach the charger to my phone after this it would go in and out of being attached, like you would expect with a connection that had been chewed threw... So I went to Amazon and ordered a pair of new mini USB cables for the Droid.

Ok so they came in the mail today and so I went to hook my Droid up... and boom got the same in and out connection issues as I did with the ruined USB cable. Eventually it just goes to the bootloader and I can not get out of the bootloader until I unplug the USB and reboot the phone. Here is the other thing when I turn USB Debugging on I no longer get the Moto pop up that I used too when the phone would attach (so I can not use ADB). I have turned off USB Debugging and that seemed to help for a bit, however when I turned it back on it would say that the USB device is not detected or faulty (this also would take the USB connected notification out of my notification bar)...

Ok so I have no idea at this point what I should do... I am using Jrummy's remix of CM 6.0.6.2 (or whatever number it is on :p ) with the DE theme on top of it. I have never had any problems before the puppy chewed threw the old USB cable.

Anyone have any ideas?

Ummm never mind I got it to work... I wont go into too much detail but it took the blood from a live chicken, a midget voodoo priestess, some tic tacs, and a very large ball of twine... (or of course it took me plugging it into a USB port on the back of my comp... which I had already tried BTW... /sigh)

so apparently my puppy took out the USB port on the front of my computer... >.<

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones