1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root problems with wifi tether

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by double, Aug 12, 2010.

1. double

double Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2009
    does anyone have any suggestions to try to get my wifi tether working. i can start the app, i can connect my laptop to the access point it creates, but i have no internet access. any thoughts? is the app DHCP compatible or do i need to manually setup my ip settings on laptop?

Advertisement

2. dixonba

dixonba Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
  3. double

double Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2009
    i did exactly what it shows to do and created a folder named android.tether. moved the two files over. when i open astro the folder android.tether is not there? i even searched for android.tether in astro to no avail. WTF

4. dixonba

dixonba Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    mpcc and Fezzik77 like this.
  5. double

double Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2009
    thanks Dixon. i saw the manual instructions but didnt think to try it. i thought that was for people having trouble installing the app. my first attempt installed fine, it just wasnt operating properly so i thought it was setup or something.

by any chance do you know if the audio file for the boot animation has to be renamed before pushing to device? i was successful with the video file but cannot get the .rar file over. any tips?

6. rbombardiere

rbombardiere New Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Thank you for the info, I followed your instructions but when I start the wireless tether app it gives me a message that it failed to load wifi interface, setting ad-hoc, setting Essie, and setting channel. What am I doing wrong...