• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Problems with xda-developers.com today?

I don't think the site is down, the DNS hostname is what's down. Wouldn't surprise me if the hostname actually got revoked.

Code:
$ nslookup xda-developers.com
;; Got SERVFAIL reply from 64.59.168.13, trying next server
;; Got SERVFAIL reply from 64.59.168.15, trying next server

** server can't find xda-developers.com: NXDOMAIN

Upvote 0
Hey guys, Just signed up to the forum although i have been lurking since i got my desire on release.. there is alot of really good info on here and the rooting guides are outstanding!

I have also been trying to get on there all day as yesterday i installed the open desire 4.0.4 rom for a certain usb use.. all whent well until i relised two big probelms

(1) My wifi is not working
(2) My phones i not recognised by my computer

It is probably something silly that i have not done but if anyone could help me out here before i make a new thread it would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0
Yeah its that, don't really matter you didn't do a backup as you can just flash the rom again.. Its just a pain if you'd set the phone up how you liked it.

Flash it with your chosen rom, get it how u like it with apps etc, then do a nandroid backup. Keep this backup on your phone so when you do the PSFreedom flash again you can just restore your nandroid backup.

Hope that makes sense, i've had a few beers.

Upvote 0
Damn, xda is like my life blood ! This sucks! And all because of some gaming crap!? Man I hope that's not the case. So, all one can really do is keep trying, huh?

, and of course I flashed a zip last night that broke my 4g (I can always nand back, of course, just was in the process of testing, and tryin to get something working on the newer Evo ROM and kernel versions being banded about.

Edit: woohoo!!! It's back up! 6:00pm western time. !!!!!!! Woohoo.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones