1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Problems with Yahoo! Mail app - multiple notifications for the same email

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kazbryan, Sep 8, 2011.

1. kazbryan

kazbryan Lurker
    None

Sep 8, 2011
    Hi,

I've been using the Yahoo! Mail app since I got my HTC Wildfire about 3-4 months ago. This morning I had a system message that the notifications had been switched off. I launched the app and reset the notifications, and since then I'm getting mutliple notifications for the same new email. This is becoming really annoying, as a single email can generate 5 notifications!

I've tried restarting the phone, clearing the cache for the app, clearing the data stored for the app and logging back in, I've even uninstalled and reinstalled the app, but nothing is sorting it.

Has anyone else been having this problem? Can anyone suggest anything else I can do to get things back to normal?

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement

2. jaf01

jaf01 Lurker
    None

Sep 8, 2011
    i have the same problem that just started after receiving a notification that notifications were off. I have not been able to find a solution so far. I think that yahoo may have done an update that messed things up. I think i got that same notification about the same time you did. the beginning of 09/11

Update: I just went to the app store and read the comments about the Yahoo app. Everyone is having the same issue. It must have been a change with the Yahoo servers. I hope they can fix it ASAP.

3. fattmox

fattmox Lurker
    None

Sep 8, 2011
    I'm having the same issue - multiple notifications - very annoying

Considering uninstalling

Acer Liquid E, 2.2

4. secretsquirrel

secretsquirrel Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 13, 2011
    Male
    copywriter
    Borneo
    I'm one of the people in the app store with the comments... same problem.

I turned notifications off - and later got a notification that notifications were turned off (WTF?) along with the notification for an email I received 3 hours ago.

I really dislike what they've done with the online browser mail thing and this isn't helping at all. If it were not for the fact I've been with Yahoo for over 13 years and have masses of stuff I can still search through, I'd change my mail provider.

As it happens I run various websites, each with its own domain email - but forwarded to Yahoo. I may start forwarding to gmail or something... no, not gmail. I dislike gmail even more than the new Yahoo. One of my own domains perhaps - but yeah, it's a Yahoo problem, not a phone/Android problem.

5. jaf01

jaf01 Lurker
    None

Sep 8, 2011
    I wrote an email to Yahoo. I think now they may have fixed it. I got another notification that my notifications were off. It says click here to turn them back on. I did not turn it back on.. I just cleared he notifications. So, I am hopeful it has now stopped and can turn on the notifications in the Yahoo app settings and just get one notification.

Tags: