1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Procedures to root Droid X

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mitch717, May 16, 2011.

1. Mitch717

Mitch717 Lurker

Im just starting out with the root process if there is anyone out there who can point me in the right direction that would be great. Ive also been reading up on some of the ROMs that are available. Liberty 2.0 sounds great but ive also read some things saying that APEX is a more user friendly ROM.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. trav473

trav473 Android Enthusiast

Here's a place to start... http://androidforums.com/droid-x-al...droid-x-root-guide-updated-may-15-2011-a.html

As far as rooting, download and install Z4Root (google it, lots of places to download it) After install, reboot your X then run the app. pick temporary or permanent (if you are going to flash roms go permanent) then let it do its thing.

Next you will need a copy of Droid 2 Bootstrapper. Droid X Bootstrapper works great in Froyo, but not Gingerbread, The Droid 2 Bootstrapper will do both, and they are both on the market if you can't find a download. Only 2 bucks.

That will get you started. read up in the Root Sticky, lots of info in there!!!

3. Steven58

I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to move this to the root section for you. You'll get more help there.

Steven

4. WA_Bob

WA_Bob Android Expert

I just went through this a few days ago to get Gingerbread, among, other things myself. It's a smooth process as long as you follow their instructions and, if something goes to help in a bucket, the folks here are very helpful. Just make sure to read thru all the instructions first then have fun and enjoy!

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews