• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help process android.process.acore

P

peterwoman

Hello all,

I'm hoping for some assistance here. I've searched all the posts here and nothing suggested resolves my problem. I have a new Samsung Moment phone and keep getting the error Sorry! The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. This error does not seem to have a trigger, just happens when the phone is sitting there.

I have tried a master reset of the phone and it did not resolve the problem. I've checked all contacts and I do not see any problems with them but i'm not real sure what to look for as it doesn't error out on any particular contact. Facebook is not used on the phone so it's not a sync problem there. Are there any logs on the phone I can look at to pinpoint where this might be coming from? Or should I just take the phone back to sprint for a new one? Any help is appreciated!

Hello all,

I'm hoping for some assistance here. I've searched all the posts here and nothing suggested resolves my problem. I have a new Samsung Moment phone and keep getting the error Sorry! The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. This error does not seem to have a trigger, just happens when the phone is sitting there.

I have tried a master reset of the phone and it did not resolve the problem. I've checked all contacts and I do not see any problems with them but i'm not real sure what to look for as it doesn't error out on any particular contact. Facebook is not used on the phone so it's not a sync problem there. Are there any logs on the phone I can look at to pinpoint where this might be coming from? Or should I just take the phone back to sprint for a new one? Any help is appreciated!

If a master reset did not fix it, I'd suggest taking it to Sprint for reflashing, or if you are within 30-days, just swap it out.

Upvote 0
Took the phone back to sprint for a new one, still receive error and now the battery is lasting only about 5 hours. Does anyone have any suggestions? Anyone know where this error comes from or any logs that i can look at to get an idea of what's going on?

Upvote 0
OK, now this is weird since I found some tips on how to solve this issue, since some people claim it happens when the phone tries to sync with Gmail. Here is my suggestion.

First I followed a suggestion that I should delete all cache and other files from the contact storage app which was a BAD IDEA since it deleted all my phone contacts (which were backed up, thankfully, and the Google contacts were intact). So don't do this :D

The weird part is this:

Then I imported all my backed up phone and Gmail contacts into Outlook, edited them all by removing stuff from the Notes parts (except the information the phone had previously put in, like links for Facebook contacts), wiped all my Gmail contacts, uploaded the new CSV made in Outlook and synced my phone.

I have done the sync at least 15 times since.

Not even one force close of the android.process.acore.

EDIT: it's been a week since this procedure - still no FC :)

EDIT 2: some 2 weeks now - still no FC :)

EDIT 3: over three months - no FC of the acore process :)

Upvote 0
it is my understanding that it has to do with the way the phone syncs with google and if you kill certain apps, it messes up the process.
Don't use a task killer. Don't auto kill anything.
If you have a task killer, only manually kill the apps that you are 100% sure you want/can kill without problems.
I want to say for me it was something dumb, like the calendar process that I was killing that would trigger it.

If you don't have a task killer then one of two things is happening.
either one, your phone's cache is full and you need to go in and clear some stuff out.
If the phone doesn't have enough memory to operate, it will cause problems.
Get rid of any apps you don't use. No point in them just taking up the space.
If you have a bunch of old messages, try cleaning them out. This is supposed to automatically happen since the latest firmware update, but we all know how that word "supposed" to works.
If none of that worked, then you need to go through and clean up your contacts list. Every so often, one of them will get corrupted and cause problems. You can sync to outlook or something to make this process easier. Sync to out look. Clear everything off of the phone. Fix everything in outlook, then sync them back. Then sync back to google and it should solve the problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones