• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help process com android phone not responding

msksantosh

Lurker
Jun 17, 2013
Hi all,

I am new to this forum. I own a Sony Xperia U. I have upgraded it to ICS this april, since then whenever i am on a call for more that 10 minutes, my phone gets stuck and the message "process com android phone not responding" pops up. I have to stop the process, which disconnects my network carrier and then i cant make calls until i restart my phone.

My warranty dies this august and I have taken the phone to a customer care center and the guy suggests he reverts back the android version to 2.3 but i dont see the point in having GB when Sony actually rolled out ICS for Xperia U.

Please help with this issue

I assume this error popped up after running the update. It is likely in this case that there was an error during the loading of the firmware so I would advise running a repair to reload it:

To repair the phone software
1. Install PC Companion on a Windows PC from Support at Download for PC - Sony Smartphones (Global UK English)
2. In PC Companion, under Support Zone and click Start.
3. Under Phone Software Update, click Start.
4. Click repair phone.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Reactions: msksantosh
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones