1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

process com.androis.providers.tasks

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tRACEYP73, Aug 31, 2011.

1. tRACEYP73

tRACEYP73 Lurker

I have the Samsung Galaxy S2, when I switched it on today a message comes up process com.sec.android.app.twlauncher, force close and several other similar messages. I am unable to access any menus or get rid of the message. Vodafone suggested, volumne up, home key and power key together to reboot but that hasn't helped. Any suggestions?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hawker

Hawker Android Expert

I had a similar message whenever I tried installing an app from the Market. I had to uninstall back to the previous version.

What you can try is go to Menu>Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>All
    Scroll down to twlauncher
    Press the Clear Data button

Then see what happens.
    If this doesnt solve, you could also try pressing Clear Defaults.

Also, if this has been upgraded, you may also see an Uninstall to previous version button (or at least something similar) If you have this, try this one as the last resort.

3. steslatt

steslatt Android Expert

There is a safe mode you can go into but i'm not sure how to do it. I did it once by accident.
    Only other thing I can think of doing is a reset. Power off the phone then hold power key, home key and volume up key until you get the galaxy s 2 logo. This should boot into android recovery. Go down to wipe data using volume down key. Select using home key and this will wipe your phone.

4. steslatt

steslatt Android Expert

He cant access any menus.

EDIT- Ok figured how to get into safe mode. power off the phone then power it on and when you see the galaxy s 2 logo keep pressing the menu key (left hand soft key) repeatedly very fast until you get to your home screen. If you have done it right it will say safe mode in the bottom left corner. Now press Menu>settings>applications>manage applications> press the "all" tab scroll down to TwLanucher then press clear data. Reboot the phone and see if it worked.

5. Hawker

Hawker Android Expert

Didnt see that bit, sorry.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews