• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Process system not responding?

So I called sprint today to complain about reception issues with my phone in hopes to get a free airave and only to find out that they won't have any until january. They troubleshooted my phone and ever since I haven't been able to receive phone calls or txts? I can make phone calls fine and send txts but nothing comes in. I tried restarting my phone and even after a factory reset the phone is still giving me the "Process (system) not responding. Force close or wait. Does anybody have any suggestions? I talked to sprint and they recommended taking it in to a store. Problem is I am about 200 miles from the nearest one :( Please help me? I have a Samsung Intercept w/ Android 2.1

I'm having this problem now. Force close just restarts the phone. I click Wait and it still restarts the phone. The phone runs slow as molasses now. It ran fine this morning. I added no apps, just played some games and browsed the internet. I wake up this afternoon (3rd shift) and it's doing the Process system not responding. I'm really getting frustrated with this phone. I'm hoping at the least for a 2.2 update soon.

Upvote 0
Chris - Root Using z4Root V. 1.3 on the market (temporary root only)
- Download Cache Cleaner and Titanium backup -
Delete sprint CRAPWARE (if you don't use it) ie Sprint Nascar/TV/NFL/ZONE etc.
open cach cleaner - Click Clean Cache -
reboot your phone.
You will be Unrooted with a clean cache and won't have useless crap on your phone.
You SHOULD see an improvement.

Mahalo

Reactions: bronxsprint
Upvote 0
Chris - Root Using z4Root V. 1.3 on the market (temporary root only)
- Download Cache Cleaner and Titanium backup -
Delete sprint CRAPWARE (if you don't use it) ie Sprint Nascar/TV/NFL/ZONE etc.
open cach cleaner - Click Clean Cache -
reboot your phone.
You will be Unrooted with a clean cache and won't have useless crap on your phone.
You SHOULD see an improvement.

Mahalo

I have the Virgin Mobile Intercept. Would this be the same thing for that phone?

Upvote 0
Yes - Should be the exact same - Did a Temp Root on my Wifes last night.
Cleared 11MB!!!! of cache!!!! No wonder the thing was running terrible!

I just did it this morning and removed Amazon MP3, Sprint Nascar, and Sprint Foosball. I didn't remove Sprint TV (figured since I get it for free as part of my plan....is anything good on there?) and I didn't remove Sprint Zone, because I was afraid that when the 2.2 update comes, we might have to get it from there. Apparently it doesn't matter now because it doesn't work anymore anyway. I'm about to delete it too.

I backed all that stuff up (with Titanium Backup) out of fear that Sprint wouldn't let me update to 2.2 unless my phone was 100% stock. Is that possible? (plus I don't think that Superuser icon is going anywhere now).

Upvote 0
Other ways to get the updates....But thats fine.

What's fine?

Super User Icon Will dissappear when you go back into z4Root and Click unroot..

Oh? According to the prog, all you have to do is reboot to unroot, but the icon stays. Not that I'm that worried about it, but I mention it just for the sake of clarity.

Wouldn't worry as the Update will come over the air and they won't know what you have....

HOPEFULLY this will solve/help this phones issues until 2.2 comes out.

Over the air? That's cool. Did they announce that somewhere? I was helping a friend research updating her motorola cliq to 2.1, and they require it to be hooked up via usb. I assumed it was one of those "in case you lose your network connection/so you don't brick"-type things.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones