1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

General Processed starting themselves?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Slewman, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Slewman

Slewman Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Computer Engineer/Software Engineer
    Washington, DC
    I looked through another thread that was asking the the same question but i didnt seem to find any answers or solutions, so i decided to revisit the problem

has anyone noticed that some applications just seem to start themselves up and run in the background? I have the advanced task killer, and this morning i did a reboot of the phone (coming from blackberry storm1, rebooting is just who i am, i do it every 2-3 weeks) and i would expect some applications to start themselves up on a system startup, no problems there. So i open the ATK and i kill any apps that i know i will not be using anytime soon, which is most of them. anywho, after that i literally dont use my phone at all... i lock it and it has been in my pocket since i left the house. yet, just now, i open up my task killer just to check what is running, and my music, my voice dialer, my calender, and a bunch of other applications are just running... whats up with that?

I have read others saying that the apps running in the background dont take up much memory... i call bs... before i kill the excess apps, i notice my free memory (at top of ATK) is around 30mb. after i kill the apps, im back up to 55mb+ so, please, has anyone found a solution to this problem?

Advertisement

2. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead

Oct 29, 2009
    Right Behind You
    The only real solution is to just turn off the phone.

The OS is designed to have processes running in the background.

3. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

When you open another application, it will take the resources from one of those running in the background. There's nothing to worry about.

4. Slewman

Slewman Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Computer Engineer/Software Engineer
    Washington, DC
    thanks for the quick responses... i wont worry about it :)

cant wait for 2.1/root!!!

5. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead

Oct 29, 2009
    Right Behind You
    Luckily, you won't have to wait too much longer for 2.1. :D