1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Profile Changes from Silent to Ring Automatically

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by shavedhead2, Aug 17, 2011.

1. shavedhead2

shavedhead2 Lurker
    None

Jul 22, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Has anyone experienced their HTC Inspire automatically change its profile from silent to ring or from ring to silent?

I first noticed that I was missing calls and realized that the ringer was switched to Silent. Then other times I was embarrassed during meetings when the phone would ring after I KNOW I placed it on silent.

I have also noticed the profile change from silent to ring/ring to silent while swiping from the Home screen to the Profile screen. (I swear I didn't touch the profile button.)

Has anyone else experienced this issue and is there a solution for it?

It couldn't be operator error... could it?

Thanks.

Eddie Fenton
    HTC Inspire 4G
    Android Version 2.3.3

Advertisement

2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    Welcome to the forums!

(Or - welcome to your first post, I see you've been here a little while. :) ;))

I've moved your post over here to the Inspire forum where I think you'll find other Inspire owners to hobnob this problem with - and I'm sure the helpful gang here can offer some insights.

My wife was having this issue on one phone - turned out to be a bad phone. Then she got another model, had the issue again, but that was because she didn't realize the volume buttons had swapped sides from the previous phone and she was holding down the volume button without realizing it.

If no one can offer any suggestion, I'd suggest backing things up, doing a factory data reset and see if the problem recurs. If it does, yours might be a candidate for replacement.

But - like I say - best to hear back from the Inspire group here for better ideas first. ;)

shavedhead2 likes this.
  3. sharksfan7

sharksfan7 Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 8, 2011
    San Diego, CA
    I haven't experienced this problem so I'm just guessing here. Is there any chance that you are inadvertently hitting the volume keys when you're holding the phone or putting in your pocket or whatever? Maybe you have a case that's a bit too tight and depressing one of the keys? If you happen to lower the ringer volume all the way down it will go right into silent mode. And one more click down, into vibrate. If you're already in silent mode, one click of the volume up key will turn the ringer back on....Personally I hate the way this works. It should take a little more effort to change modes...Good luck solving this one. Please post back when you do.