• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Profile] [Root] Auto Nandroid backup Manager

i just tried that only i flashed 412_23T_Blue_Icons_trans_theme.zip but the folder didnt show up and the transparent status bar didnt come up either. One thing is when i boot into the reocvery it gives me errors that it can read /cache/recovery folder. I flashed a mod that i know works with neatrom and still there is no recovery folder. Do i need to make a nandroid backup to get the folder?

Upvote 0
Reactions: silentwitness
Upvote 0
ok cool i think i am the only one who has used this. I dont understand why its a great script and saves u in a bind if anything happens u have a recent backup available. The latest script u have posted is for 4.2.1 right? I will eventually get it after a good stable release of 4.2.1 comes out. Also im quite sure u would be older than me so please dont call me sir :) I should be calling you sir.

Upvote 0
ok cool i think i am the only one who has used this. I dont understand why its a great script and saves u in a bind if anything happens u have a recent backup available. The latest script u have posted is for 4.2.1 right? I will eventually get it after a good stable release of 4.2.1 comes out.

Yes but It's for external SD. I would have to re-test an internal SD one when the time comes. Let me know when you update and I'll revisit that

Also im quite sure u would be older than me so please dont call me sir :) I should be calling you sir.

Possibly, I'm 33 years old :)

It's maybe a cultural thing. In the UK it used to be that it was a formal greeting to call someone sir and to an extent, it still is (although this is outdated and old fashioned here now), same with elders...

But now it can be used as a term on endearment too. It is in that last context I am using it :)

Upvote 0
Hi!
First at all, thanks for your effort to make this script.

I'm trying to use it in SG2 i9100, CyanogenMod 10. The scripts works fine, but when the phone reboot into recovery mode, it shows something (very very fast) that I can't read and the reboot again in normal mode.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Hello,

I know that this is an older thread, but I've been working on getting this together for awhile and I wanted to update it with what worked.

First thing is - finding what directory to use for your backup location (last line of the script) - just go into CWM, go to restore, and see what CWM lists your sd cards as.

Second - I was getting an "invalid argument" from the mkdir command, trying to create the destination for the backup. Change the date format to

now=$(date +"%d_%m_%y-%H_%M")

Note: remove the colon in the time. Don't know if its newer versions of Android or what but it doesn't like colons in directory names.

Hope this helps the next person that stumbles upon this profile!

Upvote 0
Real success here, thank you very much :))

I play onto S5 / SM-G900FZKAXEF / KOTH49H.G900FXXU1ANE2 / PhilZ philz_touch_6.57.8-klte.

Abolutely no pb with that excellent work. Just think to go to extSdCard with S5 cause each bckp take 5,5 Gb !!!! It'll full your Internal SD to keep 2 version or more ; extSdCard has been build for this kind of cases...

Also added a Tasker pop-up announce msg pop-up + little beep saying that the phone will reboot in recovery mode for bckp in 120 seconds. It permits to stop it if you're not sleeping some Sat night ;) I also created a widget to STOP the process, juste placed nearby the one that launch. It would be easy to perform a question "Go/No go ?" to the user via Tasker, especialy for the widget variant...

Next, I think about a confirmation mail, that would be elaborated onto the PhilZ, text droped onto a folder + an init.d script to send it with the log + MD5, when the phone reboot normaly.

The Init.d effect can be gain using https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.androguide.universal.init.d as I do not manage to activate init.d onto my rooted stock ROM.

PIN asked at restart seems to be going well with Secure Settings associated with Tasker. I'll give a try (I use PIN + biodigit) and will probably report my results here.

Last, Tasker could detect it's USB connected to your computer, and flush the /backup/* to your home hard drive, juste in case.

Thank you again :))))) masterfull piece !

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones