1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Profile with dynamic status icons?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ewingr, Jul 24, 2010.

1. ewingr

ewingr Well-Known Member

I haven't sprung for a profile app yet, considering Locale and Setting Profiles.

Anyone know if there is one available that has a lot of functionality, as well as a dynamic icon that will display what profile is active?

Advertisement

2. harryzwd

harryzwd Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    NJ, USA
    i think i'm looking for the same thing. is there any app that combines all the types of notification and let you edit them all in one place.

i think its strange that in order to set notifications for messages you have to be "in" messages. then if you select vibrate or a certain ringtone...is that the notification you will get when you set the phone to vibrate...etc.??

i have my phone on vibrate right now and texts will come in...the phone will vibrate AND play a tone. if i set the notification tone to silent...then take the phone off of vibrate...the notification tone still shows as silent, and if i set it to a tone...once i put the phone back on vibrate it will play a tone again?!!?

"profiles" on my blackberry made setting notifications for different profiles a snap - there must be something like this for android devices...right??

3. ewingr

ewingr Well-Known Member

Not looking like anyone knows of anything yet. Maybe we should have posted the question in Favorite Apps thread.