• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Program Menu - Bypass Booting

Techniq

Dec 15, 2011
In the Program Menu (##PROGRAM aka ##7764726, pass 000000) I found a setting called Bypass Booting and was wondering what it was. It is set on Disable and I don't dare enable it so I was just wondering what it does and if it would help in any of our endeavors.

I searched both the forums and Google and really haven't come up with any real results.

In the Program Menu (##PROGRAM aka ##776426, pass 000000) I found a setting called Bypass Booting and was wondering what it was. It is set on Disable and I don't dare enable it so I was just wondering what it does and if it would help in any of our endeavors.

I searched both the forums and Google and really haven't come up with any real results.
This is probably something obvious to many of you but I want to know how you get to this? I tried it using the dialer but all it did was dial that number out.
Thanks.

Upvote 0
Well, I figured it out. I was typing in the exact sequence of numbers (##776426) in Techniq's post instead of the sequence spelled out by the word PROGRAM (##7764726). You'll see he's missing the 3rd 7.
If you don't type it in exactly then the phone dials out and verizon comes on the line and tells you that the call cannot be completed as dialed.
Crisis averted. Thanks everyone!

Reactions: r_hippy
Upvote 0
Well, I figured it out. I was typing in the exact sequence of numbers (##776426) in Techniq's post instead of the sequence spelled out by the word PROGRAM (##7764726). You'll see he's missing the 3rd 7.
If you don't type it in exactly then the phone dials out and verizon comes on the line and tells you that the call cannot be completed as dialed.
Crisis averted. Thanks everyone!

Sorry about that...post corrected.

Upvote 0
search m130
youll see not only fastboot but a exploit to root ;)

I use to plug in my phone while off and a battery icon would come up and show the phone charging, after changing the bypass booting my phone no longer does this, now it powers on without needing to push the power button. Now i can just connect a charger/usb from my computer, and it powers up.

Upvote 0
I use to plug in my phone while off and a battery icon would come up and show the phone charging, after changing the bypass booting my phone no longer does this, now it powers on without needing to push the power button. Now i can just connect a charger/usb from my computer, and it powers up.

Never noticed this since my phone is never off.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones