• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Programing books?

Any one know any good books if i whant to learn how to make Android applications like some books to learn the language and stuff? please post here.

"Android" is not a language. It is an SDK. It uses the Java programming language.

If you are unfamiliar with Java--or even OOP in general--I highly recommend picking up a couple (or few) books on both subjects. After you are familiar with Java, you can move on to the Android SDK rather easily.

Upvote 0
hehehe, I know Android is not a language i meant i wanted to learn the language for writing applications.. Maybe just explained wrong my english is not the best i am not from english speaking country :D

It's ok I understood what you meant.

Here are a few good books that I HIGHLY recommend:

Sam's Teach Yourself Java In 24 Hours
To be honest, these books usually are not that great, however this one is an exception. This is probably the best book on the Java programming language that I have come across.
Amazon.com: Sams Teach Yourself Java in 24 Hours (5th Edition) (9780672330766): Rogers Cadenhead: Books

Android Wireless Application Development
To be blunt, I love this book.
Although it is a bit outdated (The focus is on android 1.5 and 1.6), however the concepts are similar.
Amazon.com: Android Wireless Application Development (9780321627094): Shane Conder, Lauren Darcey: Books

In all actuality, you could really pick up the Android SDK quite easily with only basic knowledge of the Java programming language alone. The Android SDK is just that, an SDK, and an SDK is essentially a collection of classes organized in APIs.

With this said, understanding the basics of using the Android SDK before actually diving into it can easily save you time in the long run.

Upvote 0
there are lots of books on amz
smile.gif

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones