• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Programs That Will Affect Rooting

GhettoChilds

Nov 1, 2010
So I have an Evo (obviously) and I have tried rooting it with unrevoked3 5 times. I failed each time, so I went back an checked to see if I installed the driver correctly (I'm using Windows 7). Everything looked OK, but when I tried to root it again, it still was stuck on the 2nd reboot (when it is supposed to do the hboot usb thing again, I get through the first time perfectly). So I was thinking that it might be another programming interfering. So my question is, what programs would interfere with the rooting? I uninstalled HTC Sync, and a program that I think is called syncables. Can MediaMonkey be the problem? I didn't uninstall it cause it would be a hassle to then have to resync and reupload my songs. Are there other common programs that could be causing this?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see the problem, my phone is too new to be rooted at this time...

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones