• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Project Gretel: CM7 for LG Ally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go to top of this thread and it gives you very specific instructions. Do it, it's really cool. I really dug Velocity since the beginning, but thought I'd try something new and waddaya know, it actually works quite nicely!!!!
My ally isn't activated anymore, I just use it for testing and experimental purposes. I moved on to a Fascinate and it's pretty friggin' rad on that as well!!!!

Flash this zip in recovery 1st
cyanogen_aloha-ota-eng.getitnowmarketing-3.zip

Then flash Gapps zip immediately after
gapps-gb-20110503-signed.zip

password if asked for it
http://androidforums.com/attachment...78740-project-gretel-cm7-lg-ally-password.txt

And BAM---You have CM7 runnin' on your Ally!!!!!!:eek:

password doesnt work
edit. must have miss spelled lol my bad

Upvote 0
Now that the evil witch standing in the way of development has been slain:

I am pleased to announce Project Gretel: CyanogenMod 7 for LG Ally.

397143389.jpg

397143388.jpg

Backstory: This has been nearly a year in the making. I first started trying to build for Lg ally from source back in Aug of last year and after months of work mostly solo finally got a mostly working froyo build out in Oct 10. I have been working on gingerbread off and on since Jan 11. It is also very refreshing to see the work I did on opening up development on the Optimus One and Optimus S by making the original recoveries for those devices and the inital overclocked kernels come back around and be useful for the Lg Ally.

I'd like to thank:
Project OpenEtna (Original eclair & froyo Cyanogenmod support on Lg GT540)
Mik9 (For work on Optimus One on CM7 which mine is heavily based on)
Zefie (For work on Opt S & some cdma support for LG's on CM7)
Rmcc (For work on code aurora devices for CM7 without which none of the above devices would have a working camera)
And it goes without saying the entire CM7 community also!

THOSE WHO KNOW C++ and JAVA ARE ENCOURAGED TO HELP IN DEVELOPMENT OF SOURCE. IF YOU MEET THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS AND WISH TO HELP PLEASE SEND ME A TWEET TO @getitnowmarket
this is awesome. any chance on seeing a cm9 port. i just want to brag about ics on an ally. lol. :D

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones