• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Project updates

Okay, just trying to keep everyone in the loop. Today, I officially upgraded to the Nexus 5. That being said, I do not plan to stop developing for the Valiant. In fact, I will take a few more risks with it now because hard bricking isn't a major concern. As for projects
  • CyanogenMod 11 is still in the works, but I need to get it to boot before I can do anything else with it. As I am terrible with ramdisks, I an relying a lot on rhebomax for this and he does have his own projects, so don't expect anything super soon.
  • Clockworkmod is going equally as slow because again I think what is causing the issues is a combination of the fstab (I don't know much about fstab 2) or the ramdisk.
  • TWRP was abandoned, but I may pick it back up because I think I may be able to get it to work this time although this cannot be used for KitKat because it does not support the new assert style.
  • Cyanogenmod 10 will also be in the works eventually for those who like Jellybean as opposed to KitKat. As I have not started on this yet though I have no estimates on how long it will take or what issues I will encounter.

That being said, I am officially looking for people to join a development team with me, because I do want to branch out into other devices and this is too much of a load for me alone. If interested, pm me with what role you want to play on the team and why you feel you are qualified for that role.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones