1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Projects???

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jmz, Jun 6, 2012.

1. jmz

jmz Android Enthusiast

I'm looking for stuff to do. What do you want to see? I can't theme so I can't do that. Just post and I will see what I can do

Advertisement

ZAXIS and jerofld like this.
  2. konspiracy

konspiracy Android Enthusiast

3. konspiracy

konspiracy Android Enthusiast

And how can i go back to the original hboot?

4. jonsama585

jonsama585 Newbie

It would be nice to get a bare bones rom with overclockable kernel and sense 4.0 :D

5. jmz

jmz Android Enthusiast

There are some for the 3d that work for the most part. I am unable to deodex 2 of them so I can't fix mms

what do you mean.

flash the one for 3d. I will look into mms fix

Kernel won't happen till HTC releases source. But I am checking every day for it so don't worry there. When they post it I will be hard at work on it. Look above for sense 4. And barebones how?

6. jonsama585

jonsama585 Newbie

I mean stripped of bloatware, wallpapers and other stuff that soaks up space. I mean something that can be modified to your desire because it is like a blank slate.:hmmmm:

7. jmz

jmz Android Enthusiast

Sense still included?

8. jmz

jmz Android Enthusiast

aight....working on it...what about all the twitter, facebook and all that stuff? Or do you only want absolute bare necessities?

9. koopakid08

koopakid08 Android Expert

I'd like a ICS rom that is as close to aosp as possible. If that is even possible.

10. jonsama585

jonsama585 Newbie

absolute bare necessities

11. Darkencypher

Darkencypher Well-Known Member

^this

12. jmz

jmz Android Enthusiast

I don't want to sound like an ass but that would be a very high chore and this is why. Pure aosp does not support msm8660 devices which is what the evo v is. It would literally takes weeks to mod all the source to be compatible with the evo v just to get it to boot. And that doesn't include drivers for things like cam, radio, and so forth. And that's the reason cm was born. Cm is basically aosp with additional features added that improve functionality. Not really bloatware.

I'm not going to say its impossible just something I'm not in a position to take on at this moment

koopakid08 likes this.
  13. jmz

jmz Android Enthusiast

Should be done tonight but I don't really like making ETAs.

14. jonsama585

jonsama585 Newbie

Thanks for the update:D

15. jmz

jmz Android Enthusiast

If its for evo 3d flash it. It will boot and work. Mms sending and recieving won't. I can't seem to figure out the hack right now. Using existing methods aren't working. But I am working on it

16. Subzer0

Subzer0 Android Enthusiast

Thanks jmz! I wish you the best of luck in figuring it out! Thank goodness it may not be as hard as the camera for Triumph ICS!!!

17. Snake X

Snake X Android Expert

not to mention porting an aosp kernel to sense device ..right? (difference between sense kernel and aosp kernel)

18. DAN040790

DAN040790 Member

Actually... I've tried flashing many Evo 3D roms and none of them will boot. I get stuck in a bootloop every single time. And if you're wondering, I have 4Ext, S-on, and even though 4Ext can flash boot.img with s-on, I flash it in fastboot anyway. Still nothin'.

19. MediocreBadGuy

MediocreBadGuy Android Enthusiast

I don't have this device (havent decided if its worth getting) but I like that you are nice enough to take time and help out people who do have it...and making ROMs and such :thumbup:

20. i2c

i2c Member

jmz, if it were possible, take a 3D ROM, and fix the MMS. However, release that fix as a .zip
    So we could download ANY 3D ROM, flash it, then just flash your fix.zip and have the MMS fixed.
    Also, if you could create an inverse fix.zip, i.e., you flash it to a V 4G ROM, and it turns into a 3D ROM, then V 4G and 3D developers could essentially become one.

21. jmz

jmz Android Enthusiast

It's not possible as every Rom has different framework. There is no universal fix for mms. What fixes one Rom will bootloop another