• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Proof of Custer service reps - all in the person.

ACD168

Android Expert
Apr 30, 2010
So here is my experience with Custer Service Reps.

Usually, I'd say about 8 out of 10 from MY experience, are GREAT.
but you gotta watch out for the jerks.

I ordered my DInc, on 7/13 and received it early on 7/27 - I absolutely love the phone. From day one I noticed how the camera dust lens was loose, not a big deal.

So after 5 days I noticed that dust was in fact accumulating inside and the dust cover lens, wasn't doing its job.

So I called, and was transferred to Tech support, and here is were the worst experience with CS I have ever had, this lady had a real attitude to her, and told me that the phone is back ordered and that I would have to call back in a week, there is nothing she can do it isn't in the system, I call BS, and ask to talk to the supervisor, SO what happens? I get hung up on! no joke, she hung up on me!

So I call back, and I get "Ebony". Great lady with an even better attitude. I explain to her very nicely how I was upset about being on the phone for 35 minutes JUST to get hung up on.

She apologizes (and I tell her it's not her fault) and asks me to hold on very kindly. I do, and tells me I have two options, I'm thinking oh no not again!,
but she tells me exactly what I KNEW I should have been hearing.

I am offered to go to a store and get a brand new phone, and I explain that I can't make it to a store as the closest one is 30 minutes away and I work all week.

Option 2: "do you mind waiting two days we have one in the warehouse and can be to you Wednesday by 7PM"

Long story short, don't take any crap!

Brand new DInc coming in two days.

What I would do to get that first Tech Support lady on the phone again ohhhh. lol:D

Long story short, don't take any crap!
This is true for all customer service organizations. If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then ask for "customer retention". :D

I'm dealing with a rebate issue with Sprint right now. Two $100 rebates have been declined. Today I FINALLY got "the right person" on the phone (after dealing with this for 3+ weeks) and I should have two $100 checks in my hand in a few weeks.

Upvote 0
This is true for all customer service organizations. If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then ask for "customer retention". :D

I'm dealing with a rebate issue with Sprint right now. Two $100 rebates have been declined. Today I FINALLY got "the right person" on the phone (after dealing with this for 3+ weeks) and I should have two $100 checks in my hand in a few weeks.

I am terribly sorry to hear about your problems, that is really unfair!
I have great luck with Verizon like I said 8-10, when I got my Inc, the rebate said it ended on 7/17 and I got the phone on 7/27!!
expired ten days before I even had it lol, one call later, I was told I had till 8/21.

I am happy to hear you got that straitened out!, $200 is wayy too much for them to be jipping out of like that.

I was explained to how I'd get a $300 charge for this new DInc, UNTIL I send back the old DInc. Pretty fair actually.

Upvote 0
I am terribly sorry to hear about your problems, that is really unfair!
I have great luck with Verizon like I said 8-10, when I got my Inc, the rebate said it ended on 7/17 and I got the phone on 7/27!!
expired ten days before I even had it lol, one call later, I was told I had till 8/21.

I am happy to hear you got that straitened out!, $200 is wayy too much for them to be jipping out of like that.

I was explained to how I'd get a $300 charge for this new DInc, UNTIL I send back the old DInc. Pretty fair actually.
I gently reminded them over and over that I was a 10-year customer with two lines ... ;)

Upvote 0
Wow... I have a buddy that works for the Verizon call center and they are super strict and their bosses review them all the time. They are not supposed to hang up on you at all that is not allowed.

The guy I know has received a bunch of calls from people that are just stupid and ridiculous, and occasionally he will get an older person who will sit there and just talk about their life for thirty minutes and there is nothing he can do because he can't hang up on them.

All their calls are monitored, I just wish there was a way to know who talked to you and get them in some serious trouble.

Upvote 0
Me too man I was sooo shocked I couldnt even believe it, I am not a jerk by any means, I live by treating people the way you would like to be treated yourself. i give nothing but the utmost respect to the CSR reps, like you said they have to deal with some people like that and that sucks. I was very upset and when I called back "Ebony" was just an angel, she honestly made up for everything. For all the hate in the world, goodness comes back tenfold. Keep the Faith.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones