1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Proper method for pruning Google contact list

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BamaInArk, Jun 13, 2011.

1. BamaInArk

BamaInArk Member
    None

Nov 30, 2009
    Retired military, self employed
    Little Rock, AR
    I have no problems with the syncing but I was wondering about the proper way to update your contacts.

Even though I use Gmail I rarely if ever actually log in and use web mail. All my Gmail is forwarded to a Yahoo account. My first smart phone was also a Google phone, the Moment. Over time as I added contacts to the Moment that synced with my Google contact list. I loved the way I could reset the Moment and resyncing would update my phone's contact list.

So fast forward, new phone, EVO and my contact list needs some trimming. I have logged on to my Gmail acct and backed up my contact list in case I might ever need my old contacts again.

So what is the proper method for pruning your contacts? Is logging on to you Gmail account and then editing/deleting contacts and then letting the phone sync on it's own? Or is it easier/better to simply delete them via your phone? How does Google know a deleted contact is not to be resynced?

Advertisement

2. Traceamount

Traceamount Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 8, 2010
    Productions Manager
    Alabama
    Im not sure how google tracks syncing and deleted contacts etc but .... you can log on to this link and manually add/edit/remove people from the PC or phone, along with alot of other stuff.

https://www.google.com/accounts/ManageAccount

Edit - Ive never had mine resync a deleted contact.

Tags: