• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

props to verizon customer support

inferno1

Jun 29, 2010
I (really) dont want to go into all the trouble I had to deal with with Verizon due my my recent trip to Aruba. Lets just say I easily spent over 5hrs on the phone with them to deal with a 10min issue...

But Props to them for coming through and compensating by letting me upgrade my wifes phone almost 6 months early... I guess that means she will be getting a Droid2 :)

will I be jealous????
excluding the keyboard (which doesnt bother me) is there really anything it does better than the Inc?

thanx
Danny

I (really) dont want to go into all the trouble I had to deal with with Verizon due my my recent trip to Aruba. Lets just say I easily spent over 5hrs on the phone with them to deal with a 10min issue...

But Props to them for coming through and compensating by letting me upgrade my wifes phone almost 6 months early... I guess that means she will be getting a Droid2 :)

will I be jealous????
excluding the keyboard (which doesnt bother me) is there really anything it does better than the Inc?

thanx
Danny
The keyboard is a big negative for me

Upvote 0

I'm going to be heading to Aruba in October with my Incredible. I'm curious to know how well it will work down there. I've heard Aruba has some CDMA towers down there these days. I just don't know how reliable there are. Were the problems you had related to signal issues, or with your account?

Upvote 0
My folks own a sting of indirect agent locations with VZW and own a condo in Aruba. They rent a phone when down there since its much cheaper.

correct, phone calls are 1.99/minute, coverage is decent on CDMA, better on gsm...

data on cdma is only 1x and very sketchy, I only used about 20MB in a week down there, up here I use about 2GB a week....

-D

Upvote 0

will I be jealous????

thanx
Danny

It has a better processor, a dedicated camera button, worldphone capabilities.

Other than that it loses to the incredible by having only a 5mp camera, it's thicker and heavier, I don't think it records video in 720p with froyo but i could be wrong, HTC > Motorola, AMOLED > LCD.

I'd say the Incredible beats the droid2.

Reactions: inferno1
Upvote 0
did not know it was a world phone, doesnt that required it to accept a SIM card? I dont recall seeing it mentioned on the website or the reviews...

most of the rviews seem to agree its not very good as a phone and the camera (software isnt that great)....
but at least I know it will be able to get gingerbread which her Ally wont... and I should be able to sell the ally for at least 175...

Does it do video out? (hdmi)

Upvote 0
do you have an alltel plan, or verizon plan?

I'm on a Verizon plan. Before the Incredible, I had a Blackberry Storm (which has CDMA/GSM), which I used overseas several times. However, since the Incredible is CDMA only, I'm curious to know how well it will work in Aruba. I'm mostly looking to use data to send messages through Fring or PingConnect. I heard that CDMA coverage was a bit spotty down there, and it sounds like you experienced the same thing.

Upvote 0
I'm on a Verizon plan. Before the Incredible, I had a Blackberry Storm (which has CDMA/GSM), which I used overseas several times. However, since the Incredible is CDMA only, I'm curious to know how well it will work in Aruba. I'm mostly looking to use data to send messages through Fring or PingConnect. I heard that CDMA coverage was a bit spotty down there, and it sounds like you experienced the same thing.

you are correct, the data coverage is very spotty.... dont count on it...
I mainly looked for wifi...

Upvote 0
both phones have a 1Ghz processor. the DInc has a camera button, it's just a pain to use. the D2 is NOT worldphone capable- it's CDMA only.
Both have 1GHZ but the Omap on the Droid 2 is slightly better. The D2 is not a world phone but the Droid Pro is which is a D2 with GSM radios, think Storm. The Inc does NOT have a dedicated camera button, the track pad is only use to take pics or record once the app is open if that's what you meant. O.P the differences are small between both phones, it mostly goes on the preference of having a Qwerty Keyboard with Ninja Blur? Or Sense since those are the things you haver to worry for everyday use.

Reactions: inferno1
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones