• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pro's & Con's of switching from a.....

Wow. Sarcasm? J/k

How in depth are you going with the incredible?

Not being a prick BTW. I'm intrigued by your opinion. List ur pros and cons please?

No, I'm serious, unfortunately.
I haven't gone too much in depth with the Inc, yet. Honestly, I'm a little scared because of battery life. I charged overnight, and by 4 p.m., I'm getting the battery warning light. Very disappointing.
Any suggestions to get better battery life?
Pros of the BB Storm: Ease of use, BBM.

Reactions: secretLOVER
Upvote 0
Left my 9550 Storm 2

Pros: No more battery pulls
No more 10 minute boot time
Much faster
Browser is light years ahead of BB
No more searching for "Storm compatibility mode"
App store is more integrated

Cons: Unified Email
BBM (but I'm trying to convert everyone on my contact list)
Profiles
LED notifications (I miss Disco!)

So far so good. I thought that I would never leave BB but the Dinc has won me over.

Upvote 0
No, I'm serious, unfortunately.
I haven't gone too much in depth with the Inc, yet. Honestly, I'm a little scared because of battery life. I charged overnight, and by 4 p.m., I'm getting the battery warning light. Very disappointing.
Any suggestions to get better battery life?
Pros of the BB Storm: Ease of use, BBM.

Theirs a battery thread at the top of this (incredible(edit: in tips n tricks forum)) forum with links to 3 threads pertaining to the battery. I have the same issue with battry life but I haven't put down this phone since I got it. I think its worth buying an extended battery even though I also believe u shouldn't have to. You don't need new pipes on a bike but you get it anyways to boost performance.
I didn't use bbm much after the update that made texts conversations. I would only use it if I wanted to use a different emotion. I didn't see what else was so good about using it.
I never thiught I would leave bb either. I understand now that I have, its going to take a little time to have the ease of use I had grown so accustomed to after years with a blackberry.

Upvote 0
The deciding factor may be if you are going to use your phone for work.If you do use it for work, make sure you are not using anything not available on Android. Blackberry has by, far, indisputable, better enterprise support- messaging, connectivity, calendaring, remote administration.

It would suck if you got a phone that didn't work with your messaging system.

I'd pick Android over Blackberry any day of the week but I am not clueless to the demands of the workforce.

Upvote 0
i am switching from the storm to the Inc how can i transfer my contacts for free at home ?

The way I did it was on crackberry.com I used the link that people were using to run backup assistant for their bb tours. It did actually work on the storm. Then during the activation process got your Incredible it asks you of you want to use backup assistantand once you run it, all your contacts are there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones