• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

pros & cons

so I got it today at 2pm. work let me out ten minutes early (it was slow) plus they knew I was getting my phone. I love it! I really have no complaints about it.

questions since I'm still getting used to it...

1. SD card... is it a microsd card?
2. when connecting to the computer, 'disk drive - mount as disk drive', what's this mean?
3. how do I add pictures/folders/music to my memory card.. because with the blackberry I just plugged the cord into the computer and it brought up my folders
4. how do I make it vibrate only for when I'm at work?

those seem to be the only thing I can't figure out at the moment!

Upvote 0
so I got it today at 2pm. work let me out ten minutes early (it was slow) plus they knew I was getting my phone. I love it! I really have no complaints about it.

questions since I'm still getting used to it...

1. SD card... is it a microsd card?
2. when connecting to the computer, 'disk drive - mount as disk drive', what's this mean?
3. how do I add pictures/folders/music to my memory card.. because with the blackberry I just plugged the cord into the computer and it brought up my folders
4. how do I make it vibrate only for when I'm at work?

those seem to be the only thing I can't figure out at the moment!

1. yes
2. as for any android phone , when u plug in USB , u need to click mount as disk drive on your android phone , then the folder will show up on the screen with sound . always do that each time u plug , when u done putting music, videos , photos , then click unmount from ur phone again , then take out the USB cable from ur phone .
3.same as 2 , once u mount as disk drive , FOLDER will show up as usual to DRAG AND DROP FILES .
4. i believe using side volume key , click bottom one low as possible until u see vibrate , or no sound .

hope that helps , and good luck !

Upvote 0
1. yes
2. as for any android phone , when u plug in USB , u need to click mount as disk drive on your android phone , then the folder will show up on the screen with sound . always do that each time u plug , when u done putting music, videos , photos , then click unmount from ur phone again , then take out the USB cable from ur phone .
3.same as 2 , once u mount as disk drive , FOLDER will show up as usual to DRAG AND DROP FILES .
4. i believe using side volume key , click bottom one low as possible until u see vibrate , or no sound .

hope that helps , and good luck !

yes that helps, thank you!
I'm so used to with my blackberry just plugging it in with the usb cord and the folder popping up automatically. I had everything separated into folders, music; pictures; videos. I wasn't quite sure how that would work out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones