• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Prospective Eris Purchaser - email ?'s

bassplyr

Nov 19, 2009
I am thinking about purchasing an Eris this weekend and have been researching for a few weeks. I am coming from a BB Pearl with BIS and use Outlook 2007. With BIS email is not push, but is pretty darn quick. I have three business email addresses with different domain names, but all set up on yahoo. Currently I receive email to these addresses on my BB via BIS, then Outlook pulls them down from the Yahoo server.

If I got to the Eris, I know I can forward the yahoo addresses to my gmail account and get push service via gmail, however, yahoo will not keep copies of forwarded messages on their server so apparently I will not be able to retrieve these messages via Outlook. If I set the Yahoo addresses up as POP3 accounts, how frequently can I access the accounts? How big a battery drain is it?

Also, I have sent a CSV file of my contacts to my gmail account, but how do contacts get updated between outlook, gmail, and eris?

Thanks,
Roger

The email client on the phone allows you to set pop emails to retrieve email between like 5 minutes to a few hours, with the option of manual download only as well. I use my phone with an exchange email through my work and 4 other pop email accounts. I don't have any battery problems unless I am seriously using my phone throughout the day (steaming music through pandora, leaving meebo open all day)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones