1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

prospective galaxy europa buyer

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by slackereconomy, Feb 4, 2011.

1. slackereconomy

Thinking of picking one of these up at the start of march (Just in time for froyo!) as their price on 3uk is too good to ignore. I just wanted to ask owners if they would still buy one if they know what they know now? I'm under no illusions that it's a high end device that will run everything seamlessly but I won't regret buying one will I? thanks :)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. europadroid

europadroid Well-Known Member

I definitely would, as you say the price is unmissable. This phone was my first smartphone, so perhaps I am biased, but it does many things that a

slackereconomy likes this.
  3. TheMaskedBrit

TheMaskedBrit Newbie

Not a bad phone, easy to use not really had any problems other than the repeat texts but that been sorted now. Camera bit poor 2MP no AF or flash. Paid

slackereconomy likes this.
  4. slackereconomy

fairly forgiveable shortcomings given the price. the only other (decent) low cost option would be to get the orange san francisco and use the tenner saving to unlock.

5. europadroid

europadroid Well-Known Member

I must admit I did consider the San Francisco, it gets good reviews and it is a good looking phone. I think I would have HAD to root it though to get rid of its Orange-ness :)

6. TheMaskedBrit

TheMaskedBrit Newbie

Just bought another Europa,

7. Stash68

Stash68 Member

I was seriously considering the San Francisco too but the orange stuff put me off, I read it was easy to got rid off but i just didnt want the hassle TBH. Kinda like updating to froyo id rather wait for official update.
    For the price this phone is excellent i think, Yeah its no i-phone but it does all the things i want and apps, some are friggin great.As an android starter it fits the bill perfectly, the repeating texts was a pain but now thats behind us. I dont regret buying it and will defo be buying another android when i feel its time.

8. satyavanshi1

satyavanshi1 Newbie

u should check ur options again bcoz Samsung has launched a new model of galaxy series for lower end section....its named galaxy pop and is loaded wid froyo and 3.2 mp camera....has lesser keys than europa....and best part is all above in the same price of Europa....my suggestion go for GALAXY POP... :)

Samsung Galaxy Europa Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Europa release date was August 2010. Features and Specs include a 2.8" inch screen, 2MP camera, GB RAM, processor, and 1200mAh battery.

August 2010
Release Date
Reviews