1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Protected .wmv Player

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by xmetalfan99, Dec 24, 2011.

1. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Member

I am looking for an app that will play protected .wmv movies.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?

I dont think such a thing exists, but I moved your thread to our media forum to see if the experts here might know :)

3. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Member

Thank you. I figured since I was looking for an app that was the right spot. O well, hopefully i can find a way to watch my digital copies from my sd card and not stream.

4. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Member

5. You just need a drm converter to remove the wmv drm protection. Just google "drm media converter", many solutions are available for you to make it.

6. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?

Just a friendly reminder that AF cant really help people bypass DRM. If you own the protected wmv files, that's fine and we're happy to try and help you find an app that works with them (if we can).

Apparently also according to the fifth circuit DRM can be bypassed for personal use if (and only if) you already own the files.

More info: http://arstechnica.com/software/news/2010/07/court-breaking-drm-for-a-fair-use-is-legal.ars

That said, what players have you tried? Perhaps Rock Player, Mort Player, Mobo Player? No idea if these would work but they are often recommended as good media player apps around these forums.

EarlyMon and El Presidente like this.