• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Protecting my rooted and modified Sensation

badeend

Lurker
Jun 24, 2012
Hallo,
I've got a question for you:

I rooted my sensation to remove systemapps from the stock HTC Sense-rom.
That was necesary, because I don't want my son to be able to make calls, post tweets, send mails, etc.
He is only able to use it to take pictures, watch and record movies and visit the internet.

Now I have removed all systemapps I don't want him to use, but I want to prevent him from removing more systemapps.

How can I pretect the Sensation?
Can I unroot or is there any other way to protect my modified Sensation?

you can easily remove root access by using root explorer or a similar root only file manager to remove the su binary from system/bin and/or system/xbin,and to remove the superuser app from system/app.

if your phone is s off and running a custom recovery,you can easily reflash the root files in recovery if you need root access again.

i just thot id point out that removing system apps wont neccesarily prevent him from doing these things. if hes a smart young man,he can easily go to twitter.com,facebook.com,yahoo.com(or whomever your email provider is) with the phones browser. he actually could even make phone calls with skype or vonnage,and there are several apps that let you send texts.

Upvote 0
I'm a bit perplexed as to why Twitter and email is banned but unrestricted access to the Internet is ok. Sounds like what you want there is an iPod Touch.

Anyway. If you can take the hit on losing the Internet, you could just take the SIM out. Or if you must have the Internet, maybe look to getting a data-only SIM (or ring the provider and ask them to block outbound calls).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones