• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Protection Plan...Sprint or Wirefly??

sniggity

Jul 14, 2010
My Evo just arrived from Wirefly and I have 30 days to decide on which Protection Plan to go with. I'm not real familiar with what Sprint offers as far as price and what that includes.(Just about to do some research on it now)

Wirefly offers a 1 year plan for $69.99 for the year. It covers theft and accidental damage or malfunction. You can get up to 3 replacement devices without a deductible.

Anyone using Wirefly's Plan over Sprint's Plan? What do you guys recommend?

Sprint's has a deductible of like, $100, I'm not sure on those details.

Sprint's is $7/m (that's $84/y), covers just about everything except intention breakage (aka if they see you throw it at a brick wall). Lost, stolen, damaged, water damage, etc.

I like Sprint's, as it has always been given good reviews and quick response, getting a new phone quickly is important.

Upvote 0
Sprint's has a deductible of like, $100, I'm not sure on those details.

Sprint's is $7/m (that's $84/y), covers just about everything except intention breakage (aka if they see you throw it at a brick wall). Lost, stolen, damaged, water damage, etc.

I like Sprint's, as it has always been given good reviews and quick response, getting a new phone quickly is important.
Thanks for the info. Hmm so I'm wondering if Wirefly might be better. It's a little cheaper and no deductible. I guess the only downside to that is I'd have to wait for them to ship a new phone to me though. If they offered free overnight shipping for the replacement it wouldn't be bad. Not sure if they do or not though.

Upvote 0
One thing to note is that once you remove the Sprint insurance, you cannot re add it.

The $100 deductible for sprint does suck which but the quick service is worth it for me with my EVO. I may end up removing coverage for my wife since she has a moment and price are coming down quite nicely on eBay. A used one is not much more expensive than the deductable. Definitely not the same with the EVO though...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones