• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Proud new owner of a Galaxy S

geru

Lurker
Nov 23, 2010
Finland
Hi, just bought my first Android device last Friday, a Samsung Galaxy S. It's also my first touchscreen device, and I've been really impressed with how intuitive and quick it is to operate the phone (my last phone was Nokia's E63), haven't needed the manual so far. The tweakability of Android is just mind boggling, especially since I found Tasker, which I'm starting to fear will drive me nuts with all the possibilities it has :)

I'm having one repeating problem though, the phone's External SD keeps corrupting for some reason. I used the same MicroSD card in my previous phone for a year with no issues, but since I installed it in my Galaxy it randomly stops working (can't access files on it), and when I open My Files all the file names are all messed up. When I unmount and remount the card, everything works fine again. All the files are available, and the file names are back to normal.

I uninstalled a bunch of programs I suspected might be messing with the card, and tried formatting it again. And I've been really careful to always use the "Safely remove hardware" function, but it seems the card corrupts even when I'm not doing anything specific with the phone.

Any ideas?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones