1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Proud owner of a Galaxy Nexus!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kimboinatl, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Kimboinatl

Kimboinatl Newbie

Quite a step up from my Motorola Cliq :) just finished unlocking the bootloader and rooting it. Damn I'm happy :D

GalaxyNexus, JoJoCal19 and pragmatous like this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jbdan

jbdan Extreme Android User

Congrats and enjoy what I think is the best smartphone on the market! :cool:

The support for it is insane already only after 1 week on the cdma side!

GalaxyNexus likes this.
  3. jcash3

jcash3 Android Enthusiast

Nice, ordered mine on Monday, gets here tomorrow... I had to send it to my parents house in GA so they could activate and 2 day it up to AK(can't activate a phone here). I had forgotten how much is sucks to not have a phone!

GalaxyNexus likes this.
  4. pragmatous

pragmatous Android Enthusiast

Awesome!

I have mine and I love it. The only thing I don't like is the speaker but I don't normally play music from the speaker.

I also noticed something with the screen where their appears to be like bars but I don't know if that's the app or if that's the screen.

I got the extended battery and right now I'm at 66% running time is 6hours 39m 35s. Far superior to my droid incredible so I'm quite happy. The extended battery definitely adds some weight and I highly recommend getting it just to add weight to it lol. It's too light I was afraid I'd have it on my lap and not know its there and get up, drop, break. Ya so get the extended battery heh. it doesn't really add much to the thickness of the phone at all.

The speed is phenomenal. The screen is great. If you get a white background tho the screen appears to have bars but I don't know. Like I said not sure if thats the app or the screen or something else.

I have noticed a speaker hiss next to other phones but I never heard it at home away from work. I can only assume it's some kind of interference.

The 4g in my area sucks so I can't give you 4g status.

Have fun with your new shiney! :)

GalaxyNexus likes this.
  5. John Adams

John Adams Newbie

I've been up to the VZ store a few times to play with it and it's just too big for my liking. I look forward to ICS appearing on 4" phone. The Nexus is half a tablet!

GalaxyNexus likes this.
  6. JoJoCal19

JoJoCal19 Member

Kimbo Slice is that you? :D

Glad to hear youre liking the Nexus. I cant put the phone down.

GalaxyNexus likes this.
  7. JoJoCal19

JoJoCal19 Member

Thats one thing I love about it! I no longer feel the need to spend the money on a tablet for web browsing.

GalaxyNexus likes this.
  8. Kimboinatl

Kimboinatl Newbie

I have noticed this too. It could be a bit louder. But I've been playing with it all weekend, and aside from the volume I absolutely love the phone. Thanks for the warm welcome y'all :)

GalaxyNexus likes this.
  9. lealea03

lealea03 Newbie

Congrats, I just got mine last week Monday and I love mine too :)

GalaxyNexus likes this.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews