1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root proud owner of a wi-fi only droid?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lbaxter, Feb 21, 2011.

1. lbaxter

lbaxter Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 10, 2011
    Mobile, AL
    Well, I think I finally broke something on my droid. I was using UD 3.0.1 for 2 days straight with no issues, then went to flash pete's 2.3.2 vanilla rom, booted up and no 3g anymore. Flashed back my UD recovery and still no 3g. Tried flashing the last BB rom I had and nothing. CM7 also no good. Can't recover apps/market/anything requiring internet (though battery life is AMAZING when you can't connect to anything! :D).

Any clues as to how I can get my 3G back up and running? Is there a way to flash only a baseband .zip in Clockwork if that would even help)?

Advertisement

2. lbaxter

None

Jan 10, 2011
    Mobile, AL
    Turns out it would serve me well to read my svc provider's tweets. There was a network issue. Apparently it is fixed now...as is my latest CM7 rom. :)

3. StrifeJester

StrifeJester Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 3, 2010
    IT Network Administrator
    Abbotsford, WI
    Thats awesome, just an FYI there are plenty of ROMs I think CM7 even has the option to turn off all data so if you are ever in a pinch and need battery life you might wanna look into that.

4. lbaxter

None

Jan 10, 2011
    Mobile, AL
    I actually used that feature last night for the first time while I slept (and left my phone off the charger). It was still at 60% this morning...sweet technology that cheats existing technology! :)