• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Proximity Sensor Calibration

lemmamari

Lurker
Mar 29, 2014
Hi Everyone. I have a brand new ZTE Majesty (Straight Talk phone) which seems to have a problem with the proximity sensor. I can't end a call, the screen will not pop back on when I move it away from my face, this way, sideways or otherwise. Or it may pop on for half a second, not enough time to end the call.

The app from ZTE to calibrate the sensor "fails" when I try it. It does not work at all, I have reinstalled the app twice. Another app, which gives solutions to common problems, refers you to the first app, but also does not list my phone as compatible with the first app.

I cannot seem to find a solution anywhere, perhaps the phone is still too new? It was released in August 2013 but I believe Straight Talk just started selling them, they weren't for sale last week (even online) and I bought this yesterday.

Help?

Look up Proximity sensor calibration on Google Play. It's an app for ZTE. I was having the same problem and this app saved my day. I realize the app didn't work for everyone, but it's worth a try for anyone else.
I have the same problem as lemmemari on 3/29/14, above. I searched Google Play for a proximity sensor calibration app for ZTE, but no luck. When I type this into the search box it gives three options: one for a flip phone (not mine), one for accident warning while driving in a car (not what I want), and the last for an MTK mobile device (not a ZTE) and appears to be in Chinese language. No comprendo. Where is fix for this vexing problem with my ZTE Valet?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones