1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Proximity sensor unlock?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Frozen_core, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Frozen_core

Frozen_core Lurker
    None

Apr 6, 2011
    Is there an app so I can use the proximity sensor to lock/unlock my motorola defy? I looked around I've seen Tap Tap App and Lightlock neither of which show up on the android market for me, the defy uses 2.1. I do kind of need this seeing as the power button feels loose and like it will wear out quickly after a lot of use.
    Can anyone help me?

Advertisement

2. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic
    None

Jul 29, 2010
    FG
    I would suggest widget locker as you can set it to have all hardware buttons awaken the phone so you do not need to use the power button every time.

3. Frozen_core

Frozen_core Lurker
    None

Apr 6, 2011
    Thanks but I do need it to be free (I realise this sounds cheap but I've spent a lot in the last couple of months) also the only other hardware button on the defy is the volume rocker which also feels loose... this isn't just mine I've checked into it. I've read that Tap Tap App was compatible with 2.1 but apparently Pedro updated it and now it isn't which is disappointing.

4. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic
    None

Jul 29, 2010
    FG
  5. Frozen_core

Frozen_core Lurker
    None

Apr 6, 2011
    Thanks, I've dropped him an email and will update this post with any info he gives me, if he hasn't got an old compatible version I'll use one of those you linked. Thanks for your help I hadn't even thought of contacting him :)

6. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic
    None

Jul 29, 2010
    FG
    The bad thing is as updates to the SDK come out apps have to drop support for older devices. While with free apps they could keep an older app on the market and list it as for 2.1 but with a paid app, unless the dev sells a license that could be used to open features on free apps, if they want to use something from a newer SDK they may have to drop support for some versions of android. The dev couldn't release 2 versions as it would leave some users without access to a paid app they have paid for.