1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Proximity sensor ?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by beano52, May 16, 2011.

1. beano52

beano52 Well-Known Member

My girlfriends shift is about 3 months old. It recently started running slower and a few minor crashes but the worst thing (and happening more frequently) is the screen goes black during a call and to "bring the screen back" she has to slide the keyboard open.

I have an EVO and I know the proximity sensor causes mine to go black but I never have a problem with the screen coming back on when I pull the phone away from my face.

I guess my questions are... Does the Shift have a proximity sensor (and where is it located, behind the ear grill, left, right of ear grill?) and is this a warranty issue that Sprint may exchange the phone out (aprox. 3 monts old)?

Added: She does have a clip on cover and it seems to "sorta" hold the front away from the back, allbeit literally 1/2 mm if not less.

Thanks in advance!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. beano52

Update:

I did a little testing this afternoon and I can add that the screen stays on when an INCOMING call is answered. The screen goes "black" and stays off, requiring the keyboard to be opened, when you PLACE a call from the Shift

3. beano52

Well, took it by the Sprint store last night and got it fixed. The tech didn't really expand on what was wrong but they did "hook it up and run a program on it" what ever that means. It took about 15 mins and is working now.

HTC EVO Shift 4G Forum

The HTC EVO Shift 4G release date was January 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.6" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

January 2011
Release Date
Reviews