1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Proxy Server

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Wesley, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Wesley

Wesley Lurker
    None

Jan 4, 2015
    Male
    My Samsung Galaxy S4 (Android version 4.4.2 and Kernel version 3.4.0) and Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 (Android version 4.4.2 and Kernel Version 3.4.39) both have the same problem.

Before I go on I know what you're thinking. If they both have the same problem then it must be the WiFi router rather than the devices. The problem with that is that I've already replaced the router and am still having the same problem.

The only remaining single point of failure is me. I'm assuming that I've got the settings wrong some way.

The problem is this, both devices will switch from "Proxy Server: None" to "Proxy Server: Manual" in Settings > Connections > WiFi Networks > (network) > Modify Network Config without me making the change manually. The first I become aware of it is when web pages and internet applications such as Facebook fail to load, giving a "Can't access the internet" error.

I can correct the error temporarily by going into Settings > Connections > WiFi Networks > (network) > Modify Network Config and changing the proxy server setting back to none. That generally lasts for 12 to 72 hours before I have the problem again.

One theory that I've come up with is that the Kaspersky internet security may be doing it. The problem with that is that I have two different versions of it on the two devices so that's not really a single point of failure.

I have been looking for a pattern to this, such as what application I've had open right before the problem occurs, and can find no discernible pattern. The problem occurs with applications as diverse as Chrome, Facebook and GrubHub.

I'm all out of ideas. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Wesley.

Advertisement