• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Prs not responding

Hi all,

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 and when I turn on Developer Tools and then pointer trails or whatever it's called which shows the position of a touch as well as the pressure at the top of the screen. I'm doing this because my tablet has not been registering clicks very well which means that typing leaves out letters fairly frequently and I have to keep going back and correcting things. But I noticed that in the field PRS, when I turn on the trails it registers a 0 but as soon as I touch the screen anywhere it changes to 1.0 and does not change after that. On my phone (an LG G5) pressure is registered.

Is this a problem with my tablet? It seems like it ought to register pressure. Might it be different with a stylus? Do I need to return the tablet for repair or is this expected behaviour?

Thanks very much for any help that anyone can offer.

Phil

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones