• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ps2 games on samsung galaxy s

nudaaa

Lurker
Sep 15, 2010
hope i dont sound too much as a noob but just wanted to ask ,is it possible to play ps2 games on samsung s galaxy ?
i know s galaxy has the strongest gpu now and i guess with overclocking it will be even stronger but is it possible to play ps2 games on it?

btw this is my first thread ever :D and i'm buying the s galaxy tomorow :cool::p

I installed an app called PSX4Droid. Does that count? Maybe not specifically PS2 games?

Though I don't quite understand how to run it. It requires me to specificy a PSX BIOS file? What is that? It says it is normally named "scph1001.bin"?

Wish I could tell you more, if this works...

Upvote 0
I installed an app called PSX4Droid. Does that count? Maybe not specifically PS2 games?

Though I don't quite understand how to run it. It requires me to specificy a PSX BIOS file? What is that? It says it is normally named "scph1001.bin"?

Wish I could tell you more, if this works...

Yeah that app is definitely hard to figure out.

Its not easy like spreading butter and jelly on nice hot toast!

Too complicated. Someone come over and do it for me please. :)

Upvote 0
Long story short on the BIOS:

It is completely legal to build, advertise and sell console emulators. However, when it comes to the Playstation, it requires a BIOS (much like your desktop computer). This BIOS is proprietary and illegal to copy, manipulate and distribute the BIOS for Playstation. The only means of obtaining it are through p2p sources, although it is not condoned.

Reactions: tempest7
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones