• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

PS3 Compatibility

The Sony server just spammed me a note (in the tray next to the clock on the lower right) saying there's an update to support PS3 wireless controller. I haven't flashed it in yet (need to fully charge this tablet before I do that... and won't know how it works either since I don't do PS3. My kid has a PS3 though.) Maybe the PS3 blu-ray remote works after this update(?) (I have 2 other Sony blu-ray players for the movie stuff.). Good wishes to you...

edit: flashed it in earlier today. It improves a couple of things. Wi-fi connection looks stable now.

Upvote 0
The update was to support being able to use a ps3 controller with the tablet. You need the micro USB to female USB adapter to pair it once time first though. After that you can use your ps3 controller wirelessly with the tablet. However, what I was asking was to use the tablet as a remote for the blu-ray player, but I haven't found a way yet. Apparently this forum doesn't get too much action, but there are others that have useful info.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones