1. Android Forums is going down for maintenance at 6:00PM Central time. We apologize for any inconvenience! Shouldn't be down too long.
  2. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

PS3 Controller Idea

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Azelis, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Azelis

Azelis Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2010
    web developer
    Minnesota
    Now this is FAR from a perfect solution but I can almost guaranty it would still be a popular one for the moment. It's been all but finalized that we can't use a PS3 controller with Android at the moment. So why not use something in the middle? Say we hook a PS3 controller to a computer and then the computer to the Android? Most Android remote apps work the other way around I know but there's no reason you couldn't write one in reverse.

Just an idea, I'm only a first semester programming student and haven't even started on Java yet (that's in a year). Believe me I'd be modding a BGP100 if I could find one of the blasted things. Found a single one on eBay and the bid's at $51 with 4 days to go. Willing to wager that ends up around $100.

Advertisement

2. Legato

Legato Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Telecom Switch Tech
    Milford MA
    they make Wiimote apps for Android. There are two...one is free the other costs $5. Both do the same thing. Turn on your BT and connect the wiimote to it. That's how i play NESoid and SNESoid. With my wiimote or classic controller. They even allow the use of the classic controller with it...i don't see why a PS3 controller that is BT already can't do the same thing. You wouldn't even need the PC. Connect the controller right to the phone