• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

PS3 Mass Effect 2

Got it for X360 when it came out. It is pretty epic, although shorter and less complex than the first. The gameplay is much improved though which I think makes up for it. The Mass Effect universe is just really great. The characters, races, places, mythos, etc, it deserves more than 3 games. I don't want it to ever end.

Upvote 0
Got it for X360 when it came out. It is pretty epic, although shorter and less complex than the first. The gameplay is much improved though which I think makes up for it. The Mass Effect universe is just really great. The characters, races, places, mythos, etc, it deserves more than 3 games. I don't want it to ever end.

While the game was not as long as it's predecessor, I wouldn't say that it was less complex. ME2 added so much more content. Either way, the game was epic.

Upvote 0
While the game was not as long as it's predecessor, I wouldn't say that it was less complex. ME2 added so much more content. Either way, the game was epic.
+1

Now i played ME 1 on the pc the first time and was probably 55 hours to beat it doing everything i could. Then when i got it on xbox i flew through it in under 50, and thats with all the dlc, if it actually kept track i'm sure it would say 100% complete.

On the the second game i'm wanting to say it took me 46 hours or so and i skipped whole systems and haven't got any dlc yet (except what came with a new purchase). Haven't got around to doing a second play through yet.

If anything while i think the plot was better in the first and the second seemed to go awfully fast, i liked the second better. Though its a bit like asking which 5,000 dollar pc would you prefer or which ridiculously rich super model would you want to marry. :D

Reactions: NYCHitman1
Upvote 0
I just beat ME1 and now I'm playing ME2..

Both awesome games but ME2 cleaned up some things - refined the game and did some much need organization and simplification.

1) no more constant nagging "your equipment list is full please convert to medi-gel." You are only given a handful of guns and it isn't hard to choose.

2) no more having to constantly delete and add weapon upgrades in the menu (which fills up your equipment list too). This was really annoying (i.e. Cryo ammo I, II, III, etc.. the list is disgustingly long). Now there are only a handful of upgrades and you do this at your ship research center with resources you mine or find.

Also the agent upgrades aren't nearly as complicated. In ME1 there were like 15 lines of upgrades to choose for your character with like 20 bars per upgrade which made it a headache. Now there are only 5-6 lines per character and 4 bars per power. Much simpler and much better execution.

I can't comment on game length because I'm still playing but I visit every uncharted world, put probes on every planet to mine for resources, and do all of the side missions so it will probably take me a bit longer than most.

Right now I'm doing all of the missions that gain loyalty from all of your team members.

Great game I love it!

All in all ME2 cleaned up all the clutter and made things much simpler in terms of upgrades (weapons and passive upgrades).

The story is great too. It's fun being able to choose your conversation and whether you want to be a bad guy or good guy (renegade or paragon) through those conversational decisions.

I'm going to be bummed when I finish! Can't wait for ME3 already.

So yes, ME2 is a must buy - the game is a lot better if you played ME1 though as you get to export your character decisions. Things you did in ME1 are talked about throughout ME2 and there is a lot of nostalgia when you meet old teammates and characters talk to you about missions that you actually remember doing in ME1!

Upvote 0
I've got about 34 hours invested into ME2 right now, found it at Target on clearance rack for $14 lmao! I too am scanning every world, taking on every mission and side mission, I havent downloaded too much DLC stuff yet but I'm going to soon. This game is amazing. I have everyone on my team completely loyal except for two people, Jack the Biotic and the Mercenary guy (cant remember his name).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones