• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ps3 netflix freezing lg optimus & now 3g issues

stuntman90

Lurker
Jun 16, 2011
I have two issues I would like to resolve n have turned to the droid fourms for help since speaking with sprint about these issue for several days has proved to be pointless.

The first problem I have is that when I use my hotsppt on my phone to run netflix movies. It will play 15-20mins of the movie then my ps3 will say the access point has been dc then I look at my phone and it is black maybe froozen but wont power up or show anything untill I remove n reinstal the batttery. This is very anyoing while tryin o watch a movie having to keep rebooting my phone serval times to watch one movie. I ordered a new phone and still having thia problem with the new optimus. I ran a app on the ps3 call VUDU and ran the new release the mechanic and it did not freeze not once!

The scond issue is that I have been playing blackops online over the 3g network at first I was skeptical on hiw well the connection would be to my surprise it ran without a hitch of lag untill Sunday unaware there was a 3g outage in tx were I live on sunday. Lag startd slowing me down my gameplay so bad I was only fustrating myself mpre then entertaining myself. I called and they said it was fixed today and that it should be working. After reseting my phone updating prl profumes n firmware its still lagging me on the black ops server. Sprint tech support supervisor said that EVERYSINGLE OPTIMUS S USER will not be able to run online games despite me using it for four wks with out one this issue and he said that I people lk me using 3g to power online game play is EXTREAMLY rare. I have excellent service with all six bars. N my wifi to my ps3 thru my phone is at 100%. One tech rep told me the bandwith from my phone should be from 600kbps to 1mb n I'm only getting 500kbps. Sprint te h supervisor said that as long as the web browers was working on the ps3 that's the best they could do. The mest up thing about this situation is that before activating the hotspot I asked if the hotspot would support the ps3 they said yesit would.basing my actions on the info I went n bought a brand new ps3 w black ops. N now there saying me being able to b playing online was a fluke.wow after being wit sprint four six years n paying them 300$ a month they have really made me considering canceling my contract with them. But before I do that id lk to see if I can fix these issuses myself with your help!and advice n help would b greatly appreciated!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones