1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Ps3 otg?????

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by aerophoenix1, Jan 16, 2014.

1. aerophoenix1

aerophoenix1 Newbie
    None

Jan 13, 2014
    Male
    Hey guys, im wondering how to hook up a ps3 controller on my ZTE AWE, i have an OTG cable, and Ps3 controller, but everytime i hook it up, the AWE doesnt read it. I dont want to use Sixaxis, is there a driver i have to install, and if so how do i do this????:thinking:

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    SixAxis is pretty much the driver you have to install, and you use a straight cable, not an OTG cable.

3. NumberXV

NumberXV Member
    None

Oct 2, 2012
    Male
    You don't even need a cable to hook up a PS3 controller. The controller connects to the ps3 via bluetooth, so all you have to do is the same thing with your phone. There is an app but its a paid app.

Use this app to check if the phone is compatible.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/...ixelstudios.sixaxiscompatibilitychecker&hl=en

Then this app reprograms the controller.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dancingpixelstudios.sixaxiscontroller&hl=en

So I went ahead and tested the app with the phone and it works pretty good and I haven't gotten any issues. I used a emulator (MD.EMU) everything was responsive and no lag. You might want to go and test a bigger game (COD or GTA). Also the problems connecting it to the phone and PS3 and vice versa. Hope this helps.

4. aerophoenix1

aerophoenix1 Newbie
    None

Jan 13, 2014
    Male
    Hmmmm.... i already have sixaxis and i use it constantly, but i want to have to not use sixaxis but connect it with a cable.... does that work out? What do I need to do to do that.

5. Themechwarrior

None

Apr 11, 2014
    I have the zte awe n800 can you use a otg on it, I want to connect a xbox 360 controller to my phone, but don't know if it will work?

Tags: