• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

PS3 "remote play"

1fastyfz

Apr 27, 2010
PS3's latest update has added the feature remote play to be used with a mobile phone for pc over the network, it previously could only use a psp. I think the phone or pc has to have sony's "remote play" program for it to work and I think only comes on sony phones and pc's but it would be really cool if someone could figure out how to make an app for android

Upvote 0
I have tried with my Sony Ericsson X10, and I wasn't able to connect the two. (3.42 firmware, Android 1.6)

I THINK the problem was my router is using WPA2 encryption, and the Remote Play feature only seems to support WEP/WPA, maybe is this all the PSP supports?

I haven't bothered to lower the encryption to try, anyone else have any luck with this?

Upvote 0
I have tried with my Sony Ericsson X10, and I wasn't able to connect the two. (3.42 firmware, Android 1.6)

I THINK the problem was my router is using WPA2 encryption, and the Remote Play feature only seems to support WEP/WPA, maybe is this all the PSP supports?

I haven't bothered to lower the encryption to try, anyone else have any luck with this?
Yes, I was able to connect RemotePlay from my computer to my PS3 using the official software, both using WiFi with WPA2-encryption.

So it has to be something else, unfourtnely.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones