1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

PSA: If you're using Google Now Launcher, do NOT go on Ultra Power Saving Mode.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by The Roid, Mar 27, 2016.

1. The Roid

The Roid Lurker

There's a bug where the notification to turn it off becomes missing that could happen. It happened to me, and I had to factory reset my phone (which is on 6.0.1., BTW).

KOLIO likes this.
  2. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

I don't have this phone,but I did experience something similar with the OPPO Find7:
    While running their stock COLOR O/S,if you used an aftermarket launcher,quite a few sections in the settings menu became hidden.
    While they would re-appear when the launcher was removed,nevertheless,these strange WTH's do arise on occasion.
    THX for sharing this with everyone,you've no doubt saved some from the hassle of a FDR. :thumbsupdroid:

3. ParisL

ParisL Lurker

Just fixed this on my note 5 with marshmallow, had to download a random launcher apk (i went with nova launcher) through the browser. Then just install, will prompt to allow 3rd party apps(initially i left the box checked that refers to allowing it once or always, noting happened after that install. Tried again but unchecked the box and had better luck) after the install i hit open, then the screen went dark other than the top bar, i waited for the display to shut off then when i hit the power button and swiped it asked me to choose a launcher. I chose the default, NOT GOOGLE NOW OR THE ONE I JUST INSTALLED. This brought me to the normal upsm home screen where i could simply exit normally

4. ParisL

ParisL Lurker

The easy fix is to drag the google app to app info and drop, it give the option to disable. Then choose your service providers default launcher when prompted(touchwiz for sprint). This should solve the issue

Samsung Galaxy S6 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S6 release date was April 2015. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Exynos 7420 Octa processor, and 2550mAh battery.

April 2015
Release Date
Reviews