• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

PSX4Droid - Finally out!

I'm ripping my games from originals, but dedicated PSX BT trackers are your best bet, or sites for abandon-ware (PSX games, sega saturn, dreamcastc etc.) ie. underground-gamer

As for running the games, I got rid of Sense-enabled ROMS, and went for Stock froyo and capped it at a 30FPS refresh rate and it's running very smooth, no lag at all

(remember to enable multi-touch in the emu settings)

If i buy this it will only be for the tomb raider games, anyone know how well they work on the HTC Desire? :)

I tested Tomb Raider 3 (NTSC) and it's running perfectly :)

I also tested Tomb Raider 2 (PAL) and it crashed upon loading a "New Game" or "Lara's House" but the NTSC version may be fine, give it a go.

Here's a screenie: http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/1449/screenshot12k.png

EDIT : Just tested Tomb Raider 1 (NTSC) and it also crashed upon loading "New Game"

Reactions: SUroot
Upvote 0
Downloaded this via the market and it downloaded fine. Have read the read through and although i have no idea what any of it means i am now downloading the original gran turismo...395mb? bloody hell.

Will edit post when it's a) downloaded and b) i've got it working or thrown my phone through the window!

Still have a phone! Works well but there is an issue with the sound(its a wee bit tinny) and if you choose auto gears it doesn't accelerate(tho that could be me!)

Also don't use tilt for steer...it's bloody manic!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones