• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Psx4droid on HTC Desire HD

taytuan

Lurker
Sep 21, 2010
Hi all,
I'm just wondering if the new HTC Desire HD launching next month will be good to play psx4droid as fast as fpsece? as far as i know, previous mobile refresh rate is not up to 50 fps, hence causing lag in the game, but the new Desire HD has 56.1 fps (not overclocked) and 700+ ram.. Will it be as good/fast as fpsece?

Thanks.

T

Check this out:

First HTC Desire HD Rom leaks with early Adreno 205 results | MobileTechWorld

Smartphone Benchmarks - Compare and submit performance benchmark speeds of HTC, Motorola, Samsung, LG, Sony Ericsson and other smartphones

It will probably be close to the same speed, if not better for the average user. A lot easier to set up than Fpsece... but the big thing is compatibility. Fpsece blows psx4droid out of the water as far as compatibility and updates.
Don't get me wrong, i'm am enjoying psx on android far better than fpsece on my old winmo omnia, but its hard to compare the potentials. Fpsece developer Schtruck to my knowledge only working on the one emulator and has constant updates, while zodttd has many applications he works on meaning less updates all around. Overall, i enjoyed the switch :)

Upvote 0
Hi all,
I'm just wondering if the new HTC Desire HD launching next month will be good to play psx4droid as fast as fpsece? as far as i know, previous mobile refresh rate is not up to 50 fps, hence causing lag in the game, but the new Desire HD has 56.1 fps (not overclocked) and 700+ ram.. Will it be as good/fast as fpsece?
You don't really understand how phone speeds work....

The Desire HD doesn't "have" 56.1 FPS. That is how well it performed in a benchmark. That benchmark was designed to measure 3D performance, but it isn't very graphically intense. The end result is how well the Desire HD scored. For example, the HTC EVO scores around 28-29 FPS in Neocore, and around 14 FPS in nenamark1. That is because the hardware in the EVO isn't strong enough to run nenamark1 at a higher FPS. The Desire HD would not get 56.1 FPS in nenamark1. Not even the Galaxy S scores that high, and it has the strongest GPU in a phone so far.

NOW.... about PSX4Droid... it seems that hardware specs don't matter all that much, as most games run the SAME on both the Epic and EVO. It's not the most well-coded emulator. There are a lot of compatibility issues, and most games run very poorly. I had high expectations for the android PSX emulator.... but the only game I can really play well is Final Fantasy 7. Even Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (a 2D side scrolling game) runs VERY slowly. It's unplayable :(

Upvote 0
PSX4Droid doesn't use hardware acceleration, which is why it runs no better on the Galaxy S range than it does on first-gen Snapdragon handsets, despite the GS having a far better GPU (and why that neocore benchmark on the Desire HD is irrelevant here). It will probably run a little better on the Desire HD, on account of its CPU being better, but not a great deal.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones