• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

PSX4Droid released!

I've done the heavy lifting for a compatibility wiki, posting this for everyone's benefit. It's quite the blank slate right now, but with the number of people that will be using this app, we need a robust community to deliver feedback on what works on what.
PSX4DROIDCompatibilityList

great work so far!

unfortunately i cant get past authorizing... i bought it yesterday and left it on all night, but its still not going through. hopefully google gets it sorted out.

Upvote 0
So because you can't download it, illegally pirating the apk file is ok?

Well since I already bought the app, returned it, and bought it again in an effort to get the download working... I'd say yes, pirating it is okay.

Has anyone ever been able to get a refund after they've bought an app twice or the 24hrs is up? Getting customer service from google is IMPOSSIBLE.

Upvote 0
well since I refunded it and bought it again - thus permanently paying for it, yea. If it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, I will download it when I am able to from the marketplace as I like the program.

thats what sucks. i bought, didnt work. refunded, and tried again, so basically i am sol until they figure things out. i dont want to buy it from the other site...i have then paid for it twice. If you dl the .apk it does not update when he updates, which i am assuming will be a lot in the future, so that sucks as well. i hope they fix this soon.

Upvote 0
Do you have to play an ISO file or is there perhaps another smaller format?

Convert it to EBOOT and you can compress the game a bit. I got Alundra down from 600mb to just over 300mb with no running issues.

You can also convert a multi disc game like Final Fantasy VII into one single file. Not sure what happens at the disc changing point though.

Upvote 0
I think I might stick with the snes or gameboy emulators, unles grpjic chip support is implimented, od froyo really speeds things up a lot.

As it is, things can run, but because of control issues (not using the original controller), or slow speed issues, I've yet to see a game thats really "fun" to play.

The app is impressive that things actually run on a smartphone, and usually emulators improve speed wise over time, so it really depends if the developer actually sticks with it and optimises it.

I'd really love to see a good MAME emulator before n64 myself... old arcade games are small, so they don't use much storage space, and they are perfect for on the go quick gameplay. Plus they aren't cpu intensive compared to the newer game systems, so the odds of perfect emulation are better.

It'd be nice to see old atari 800 computer emulation, or even amiga, for that matter! (Both had some killer fun games, and both have been emulated well on the pc for a quite some time now.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones