• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Psx4droid updated

Ever since the update my list of PSX images went blank. All I see is a ROM Buddy advertisement in the list, now. :/ The images are still on my SD card and I can see them through the file manager, but even clicking on them from there doesn't work anymore, the prompt shows there's no apps available for running the file.

Am I the only one with this problem?

Upvote 0
Both 1.2 and 1.3 are BIG steps back for me:

1. All games are slower
2. Hot Shots Golf 2 does not work now
3. Crash Racing graphics messed up and unplayable

Same for all games I tried that play good on 1.1. All slower, some have messed up graphics and others do not work past menus. Failed update.

It seems like the dev tried to make one or two games work better (Final Fantasy games?), but made most others play bad now. I reverted back to 1.1, since FAR better than the two updates. No comparison for any game I tried.

Upvote 0
Both 1.2 and 1.3 are BIG steps back for me:

1. All games are slower
2. Hot Shots Golf 2 does not work now
3. Crash Racing graphics messed up and unplayable

Same for all games I tried that play good on 1.1. All slower, some have messed up graphics and others do not work past menus. Failed update.

It seems like the dev tried to make one or two games work better (Final Fantasy games?), but made most others play bad now. I reverted back to 1.1, since FAR better than the two updates. No comparison for any game I tried.
Actually the Final Fantasy games are slow as hell, too...

As for what I mentioned before, the blank file list, that only seems to be the case in 1.2.

Upvote 0
While I agree that some game seem to be broken after the update:

Grand Tourismo 2: corrupt car graphic
War Craft 2: Game stuck on mission loading menu

Other game seem to have gone from broken to working also:

X-Com UFO: no longer randomly freezes every 2 minute :)
Diablo: Dungeon graphic no longer glitches.

Also for a few games like GT2 and FF7, there is no longer static sound in the in game music.

So there is some improvement to the update. Hope the developer will fix the speed slow down and broken game issue soon.

PS: anyone try metal gear solid yet after the update?

Upvote 0
Sweet guys, 1.5 fixes all the slowdowns

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/6ba83a said:
On Tuesday 5th October 2010, @zodttd said:

psx4droid v1.5 released. Changelog:
- Major bugfix release to v1.4. Should be as fast/faster than v1.1 with all the compatibility updates included.
- Fixed a mistake made in cycle counting / timings that made many games slow down to a crawl.
- Sound rendering has been tweaked to give as high of quality playback possible while still maintaining performance.
- Save states from previous versions should work fine, though you may encounter sound playing back too fast.

Edit: "Ruunning into performance issues with psx4droid v1.5? Instead of using old version's save states, load the game fresh or from a memory card."

Upvote 0
Im interested in chrono cross and JUST chrono cross. I would love to have a couple other games but if that one works, you might as well kiss my battery life and normal life goodbye.

I know a while back (About 3 or 4 months ago) It was working but the sound was kinda screwy and somethings didnt work. Does anyone know if this emulator is a bit more solid? I would be more than willing to fork over the cash if it works real well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones