1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Public Google(Play) Account

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Im bad with usernames, May 27, 2017.

1. Im bad with usernames

Hey there,

(Please excuse my possibly bad English)

While browsing the Play Store recently, I wondered wether there was such a thing as a public Google account.

I am totally in favor of paying for applications in which developers put a lot effort, however I couldn't stop wondering why nobody had yet come up with the idea of creating a public account, on which some people buy their applications, so that others can download these applications for free.

Obviously many people won't spend anything on this account, but surely some would buy apps from there to give back to the people that made other apps available. This way the app library keeps growing. In my opinion it looks like a good system.

Admittedly it's not entirely fair towards developers, but still, one would expect that this has already been thought of?

Why isn't there such an account (for as far as I know)?
    And if there isn't is it maybe a good idea to create one?

Please let me know what you think.
    Thank you

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. psionandy

psionandy Extreme Android User

Its free to get a google play account for yourself...
    If you don't want to pay for apps, then don't buy them and only use the free ones.

Creating an account like you had suggested would be a breach of google's terms of service, and would result in the account being closed

Dannydet and Deleted User like this.
  3. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

So you're proposing to buy a paid for app, then re-distribute it for free? That's not only unfair to developers, it's basically theft, and app piracy. Google would close your account down pretty quickly, and you'd be banned from the Play Store.

Dannydet likes this.
  4. Flowerbuggy

Flowerbuggy Lurker

I actually totally get what you're saying I was wondering the same thing when I came across this thread searching for one. Stumbled on some app that protects your internet connection and gives you info click the little button on the bottom that said RI sign in for premium if already purchased and at that moment wondered " how come more people don't share Google accounts Google account set up for maybe a specialized interest of apps one four games one for network issues one for Android tools and so on" I mean I know a lot of those you could only have the app installed on a certain amount of phones but I'm still curious why you don't see it more often not saying it's right or legitimate just curious why you don't see it more often :) ;) .. ..

5. psionandy

psionandy Extreme Android User

If you're using someone else's account.. they can also see everything you do with your phone... or install their apps on your device...
    (but hey, theirs never a situation when you wouldn't want that phone to photograph you without your consent, and everyone loves to be part of a botnet)

6. MasterVon

MasterVon Lurker

The family share is a good way to kick that off anyone that's running multiple accounts that's spent money on ask other than games hit me up I might could add you to my family so you can take advantage of some of the apps that I paid for

psionandy likes this.

Play Store

Play Store Forum

com.android.vending

READ MORE
Last Updated
Rating
Installs